Take a look at some of the frequently asked questions we get here at Maria Concetto Winery. Please contact us for more information.
What should I wear to a wine tasting in Napa Valley?Men:
- Slacks or khakis, paired with a casual or semi-formal shirt,button-down or polo.
- Comfortable and stylish shoes, sandals or loafers.
- Avoid t-shirts, and flip-flops.
- A long skirt or pants with a blouse.
- Casual or semi-formal dresses are suitable.
- Comfortable and stylish shoes, such as flats or low heels.
- Avoid flip-flops, athletic shoes, and overly high heels.
How many wineries should I plan to visit in a day?
- Visit 3-4 wineries in a day. Two in the morning or afternoon, and two in the evening. You will want to have time at each location, savor and appreciate the wines, and engage in conversation with the winemakers or staff. It also provides opportunities to explore the vineyards, take in the scenery, and potentially enjoy a picnic or lunch.
Are reservations required for wine tastings?
- Appointment is generally recommended, especially for large parties or groups. But walk-ins are always welcome.
What is the average cost of a wine tasting in Napa Valley?
- Anywhere from $40-$200 depending on the experience you are expecting. At Maria Concetto Winery, our average wine tasting starts at $60.
Are there any recommended tours or wine tasting packages available in Napa Valley?
- Some popular tour companies in Napa Valley include Napa Valley Wine Country Tours, Platypus Wine Tours, and Beau Wine Tours. At Maria Concetto Winery, we partner with different Limo Tour Companies. Contact the winery to obtain additional information.
Should I eat before a wine tasting, or are there food options available at the wineries?
- Some common food options you’ll find at most wineries in Napa Valley are: Caviar, Cheese and Charcuterie, Vendor Provided Lunches.
What happens during a typical wine tasting session?
- Greeting & Introductions
- Tasting Varietal Selection
- Tasting Techniques and Appreciation
- Q&A / Discussions
- Additional Experiences: Tours, Lunch, Wine Club, Etc.
How long does a wine tasting usually last?
- Typically, a wine tasting session at a winery lasts between 45 minutes to 1.5 hours.
Are there any particular wineries or wine varieties that are a must-try in Napa Valley?
- Maria Concetto Winery
- Castello di Amorosa
Can I purchase wine directly from the wineries during a tasting?
- Highly Encouraged. Most wineries are willing to ship wine to your residence or destination.
Are there any wine tasting etiquette or rules I should be aware of?
- Be 21 Years Of Age
- Be Friendly and Engaging
- Tasting Techniques are encouraged
Are there any non-alcoholic or alternative options available for non-drinkers or designated drivers?
How can I maximize my experience and knowledge during a wine tasting in Napa Valley?
- Ask questions and be open minded to new variety wines, tours, food, etc.
Should I have any prior knowledge about wines before attending a tasting?
- Not required.
Are there any local events or festivals related to wine happening during my visit?
- Live Music In Tasting Salon
Are there any wine clubs or membership options available at the wineries?
- Yes. But it is recommended to visit the winery and sample the wines prior to joining a wine club. Most wineries offer as part of their wine club, 6 Bottles 2x a Year = Total 12 for a discount Received.
Can I bring my own snacks or food to enjoy during a wine tasting?
- Prefer no outside food or beverages, most have food options available.
- For Group Events or Food Allergy: Please inquire.
Are children or pets allowed at wine tastings in Napa Valley?
Can I walk or bike between wineries, or should I arrange transportation in advance?
- You can walk, bike, or reserve transportation.
Are there any nearby accommodations or hotels that offer special deals for wine tasting visitors?
- Some wineries partner with nearby restaurants where they allow clients to bring purchased bottles of wine from the winery and experience no corkage fee. Hotels nearby will sometimes offer 15% off for being a member of the wine clubs.